MyMenu1

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Magazine pencil stand - DIY

I have reduced the use of plastic as much as I can and hate to throw the few which come in my way. No, I can't let them ruin Mother Earth. Wish we could get rid of these completely or find a way to decompose them. Out of the world, plastic!!! Well, coming back to the post, I had bought yogurt and it came in a plastic container. Savoured the yogurt and recycled the container, along with some old magazine. Double bonus that it had glossy papers. Here is what I did.


I cut out the rim of the container just to make sure I can stick my paper rolls vertically. 



Then I measured the height of the container and cut strips from the magazines. Rolled each tightly around a pencil and glued those up into nice cylindrical pipes. 




Glue them onto the container and Voila!! You have a nice conatainer which can serve as a pen stand, a vase or ...left to your discretion. :)







This could be done with newspaper too. Think you would like my other similar newspaper craft.

Linking this to Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-invent: Anything goes...Out of the world challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely recycling. You can use them as plant pots too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamizhmuhil.
      Yes, I kept one for my mint plant. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely project. Great use of the plastic container. Thank you for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-invent this week. Hope to see your work here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!