MyMenu1

Friday, March 20, 2015

Aluminium foil etching

Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it! I loved this phrase and wished to etch it in the hearts of my boys. So first I etched it on...
aluminium foil! :)

For the past one week, I've been wanting to do some craft with aluminium foil. I had saved a piece of foil which I used to cover dry flour in a bowl for few hours. And also I was thinking to make something like a poster for my boys.  Did both today, in a single craft.  I selected a phrase, printed it out and set upon etching it over the aluminium foil wrapped over a piece of cardboard. I had cut the cardboard from cereal box.

I give below few pictures for reference.

cardboard wrapped in foil
cardboard



Place the paper over it and trace

Beautifully transferred to the foil

Similarly I traced a picture of a bird, and then drew some borders with a pen. I did this directly with a pen, without tracing.
Finally colored the picture with permanent markers.

It makes a beautiful display on the bookshelf. Hope you like it.

See you in the next post. :)

8 comments:

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!