MyMenu1

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Periodic Table Birthday Cake


My son loves Science!
Chemistry! Oh, Yes!
He has a good chemistry
With Chemistry!
Periodically he proclaims that love
Which seems to be elemental!

Its his special day
Becoming a tween, they say!
All the elements came marching by
And assembled in place on the cake!
To wish him a Happy Birthday
Noble gases saying his name!


When I was planning for my son's birthday party, Science birthday theme seemed more appropriate. And I thought a chemistry birthday cake would definitely create a chain of positive reactions and it did! :)

I baked a chocolate fudge cake and decided on white whipped cream frosting. Periodic table drawn in black came out pretty well. Then with the help of a printed periodic table, I started writing the elements. I wish I could mix in more colors to distinguish each group. Anyways, am happy with the outcome. My son and his friends thought that the periodic table cake was simply awesome.

I had a list of Science Experiments for the boys to do during the birthday party. I will post those later.

4 comments:

  1. belated BIRTHDAY Wishes to your son....and the cake OMG...fantastic idea..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anuradha, for the bday wishes and the compliment.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic idea Grace! Also love the poem at the beginning! Poetic and creative Mom indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!